For years now we have heard about climate changes and how they will affect our planet. Scientists have warned us about rising sea levels. Thanks to Pittsburgh artists Nickolay Lamm we can now see what that impact might look like. Looking at stock photos and projection maps from Climate Central, Lamm re-created each scene as it will appear after a 25 foot rise in sea level. The only good news for us is that it will take hundreds of years for the sea levels to rise but Lamm is hoping to draw attention to the threat of climate change now before it gets worse.
- The Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C.
- The mall in front of the Washington Monument
- The Statue of Liberty
- The projection map Lamm used to create his illustration of the Statue of Liberty
- Vacation hot spot South Beach
- The Art Deco facades of Ocean Drive in Miami Beach
- Boston Harbor
- Boston’s historic Back Bay neighborhood
- Harvard University’s pristine campus