Among all type of piercings lip piercing has become extremely popular and fashionable nowadays.
However it is extremely important to keep your lips clean with a snakebite piercing as it helps to prevent infections in the pierced area.
In order to keep your keep your lip piercing clean here are thirteen killer tips that may help you to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
1. Make sure that you wash your hands clean of all contamination before you touch your pierced spot. If someone else touches it other than you make sure they wash their hands before touching your piercing.
2. If there is any inflammation after piercing be sure to take Ibuprofen with medical guidance to keep the swelling and tenderness at a bay and reduce the pain in the affected zone.
3. Consult your piercer and take Vitamin B along with zinc supplements before the piercing procedure and after the piercing to improve your healing.
4. Clean the pierced area with mild antibacterial non-perfumed soap and lukewarm water and rinse it with a cotton ball.
5. Gently remove any crusty build up that may have formed around the pierced area with warm water at least twice in a day.
6. Brush your teeth twice daily with a soft bristled toothbrush and medicated toothpaste containing low fluoride contents. Floss your teeth after brushing which helps to get rid of the bacterial formation inside the oral cavity.
7. Rinse your mouth with saltwater to speed up the snakebite piercings healing process.
8. Rotate your piercing jewelry at least twice a day so that it does not get stuck and make you land up with an improper healing of the pierced zone.
9. It’s best to avoid drinking, eating or smoking within the first couple of hours after the piercing.
10. Sanitize your mouth after eating, smoking or drinking with a medicated oral sanitizer.
11. Completely avoid any sort of oral sex till the wound has healed completely.
12. Preferably eat ice creams, yogurts, cold foods or suck on chipped ice lollipop ice-cream or keep an ice block inside your mouth twice in a day for the first two weeks after piercing. It has been observed that cold things help to reduce pain and reduce the swellings after snakebite piercings.
13. Do not remove or try to replace the jewelry under any circumstances unless it is recommended by the piercer, as the pierced holes closes up very quickly and it becomes extremely painful to reinsert the jewelry in case of such occurrences.
Christine Crotts has written several informative articles on tattoos and body piercings, including how to